Wednesday 24 April 2013

Salute 2013 - A Show Report - Part 1

Okay, not so much a show report as a bunch of photos. I haven't got time to do this show justice it was so big (and quite good). Even then there was a lot that my camera missed so the photos are just a cross section of 'things' that I found particularly interesting.

My lift arrived at 5.45 a.m. and we reached our destination at 9.30. A trader / display game badge got us in early and by 9.45 I was at the Peter Pig stand picking up almost £100 worth of AK-47 stuff for my fast approaching Mbogo campaign. After that I spent very little; £5 on a 1/100 Mi-24 Hind kit, £5 on a bag of 75 (!) small scale trees, £3 on a pre-painted 1/72 Ferdinand and a couple of quid on some mdf bases. We left at 4.00 p.m. and I just about had enough time to see everything once.

The photos, in no particular order:

The display stand for the official D&D miniatures range. Wow!



Dropzone commander?


28mm Mexican-American War



A peculiar rooftops and viaduct above the smog game. Bizarre...


Views from either end of the Operation Overlord display game. Nice.



Devil's Den as featured in this months WI.


Jason and the Argonauts in 'Action Man' scale.


Busy Stalingrad terrain with very few figures for the table size.


That's about half of 'em, more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment