Friday 22 March 2013

Stone Golems

Jason, from the club, gave me a bag of high density polystyrene off cuts that I needed for a scenery project (soon...) but I have diverted a little bit for other uses...

I said in an earlier post how I am abandoning Warhammer Fantasy for Armies of Arcana. I'm looking at using Dwarfs in my first few games and I'm keen to break out of the GW mould in designing my lists. What would look good/fluffy marching alongside Dwarfs? Stone Golems! (Earth Elementals?).

Half an hour hacking at a small pink block got me this far.


I've long run out of 50mm GW bases so I've glued some cavalry bases from a competitor together for my pink babies. Brass wire, PVA and another half hour later got me this.


I know. I'm not sure either. Still, there's a long way to go yet and they'll look very different after filler/sand, painting and basing. I may use liquid green stuff to build up faces, I haven't decided yet, but either way I can't do anything till tomorrow when they're dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment